Today's consumers have a lot of choices when it comes to spa treatments. There is the quick nail service place you find at the mall or the strip mall. Then there is the Salon that offers nail services and waxing, You also have the Salon & Spa where they do nails, waxing, massage and facials. Finally, you have the Day Spa.
Where you go for your treatment will depend on what you are looking for. If you are in a hurry or just looking at the best price, then most places could fit the bill. However, if you are looking for a relaxing, Spa experience, here is why a Day Spa would be the best choice:
- Quiet – A true Spa will be quiet and relaxing. There is no noise from hair dryers and loud conversations. The music is low and peaceful. Everyone is encouraged to use their “spa” voices.
- Scents – Your senses will not be assaulted by hair bleach, permanent wave solution, or acrylic nail fumes. Candles and essential oils are the norm.
- Refreshments – In a Spa you should be offered a beverage or a snack. There will always be a candy dish or cookies available. If you receive multiple treatments, there may be a light lunch served.
- Relaxation – While you need to be there in plenty of time for your appointment, you should not be rushed out of a Day Spa. Many offer a room where you can sit and enjoy a beverage before leaving. When you get a massage, for example, you can feel so relaxed that it is difficult getting yourself together. Therefore, it is extremely important that you have the time to hydrate and sit before leaving.
- Customer Focus – At a Day Spa, the owners and operators are focusing on the total body and mind experience as it relates to your relaxation and rejuvenation. The services they offer are limited because they want them to be. A true Day Spa was created that way. It did not start out as a hair salon that added on massages, facials, and nails.
Again, there is a place for everyone. If you need a quick manicure on your lunch hour or a low price point is important, a nail place will work for you. If you love your hair salon, they have a Nail Technician, and your time is tight, that might be a good option. If your salon is conveniently located and you like to get everything done at once, this may be your best choice. However, if you are looking for a leisurely, relaxing, no hurry Spa service, you will definitely enjoy a Day Spa.