Hydrotherapy is gaining immense popularity as a non-surgical treatment for health issues such as weight management, back pain, arthritis, and most importantly cardiovascular health. Today, many medical and physiotherapy professionals recommend a hydrotherapy pool that can be also used for a swim spa fitness routine.
Leading a sedentary lifestyle has thrown up several health problems among youngsters, adults and the aged alike. The only solution to this is to follow an active lifestyle and spare some time everyday for exercise. Often, driving all the way to a gym proves to be a time-consuming routine, thus discouraging many people from following it. In such a case, installing private swim spas at home is a recommended option. Swim spas are swimming pools that are accentuated with several fitness accessories and gear that help you work on every part of your body. Swimming regularly, combined with the rejuvenating effects of hydrotherapy can add several years to your life. Needless to say, an investment in a hydrotherapy pool today is wiser than spending thousands of dollars on surgical intervention tomorrow.
Here's how swim spa fitness can help you maintain a healthy heart:
- Aquatic exercises are known to offer resistance, so allowing you to start with gentle exercises and then move on to strenuous ones. Such exercise can increase cardiac output.
- Just relaxing in water with warm water jets massaging different parts of your body can have a calming effect on your heartbeat rate.
- Exercises in water help the heart to pump blood more effectively to different parts of your body. This enhanced pumping action strengthens the muscles of your heart, and in some cases dramatically reduces chances of a cardiac arrest in the long run.
- Interestingly, the act of simply sitting in neck-deep water can increase your cardiac output by nearly 30%.
- Along with enhanced cardiovascular activity and better neurological functions, hydrotherapy can have a positive effect on the mental well-being of a person. It can also be used for combating diabetes.
In the long run, an effective swim spa fitness routine can help you slow down the aging process. This means that you need not rely on cosmetic enhancements to keep those wrinkles and sagging skin at bay. You not only look younger, but you also feel more youthful and energetic as compared to your peers that have not invested in a hydrotherapy pool.
All you need to do is spare a couple of minutes every day, and carry out various exercises with that are prescribed for swim spas. You'll notice that you have a well-toned body, a better immune system, a healthier appetite, a calmer mind and the glow of youth on your face that's here to stay!