People often tend to associate swim spas with relaxation. While a calmer mind is an evident result, there are several other health benefits that a user can enjoy. And, considering that every part of your body has something to gain from a hydrotherapy pool, this is an investment that can not go wrong.
Apart from being your very own home-based spa, such a pool also doubles up as a hydrotherapy center, a hydro massage unit, a Jacuzzi, an underwater gym and an endless lap pool (with the option of hot and cold water). In this article, we will discuss the several health benefits that you can expect from such a spa fitness routine combined with some smart exercises:
- Wellbeing : Mental and emotional wellbeing is one of the greatest and most perceptible byproducts of water based exercises. Apart from bestowing you with a toned body, such an underwater gym can also make you a more calm and confident person. It's also the secret to a good night's sleep, especially if you happen to suffer from insomnia.
- Healthier heart : Did you know that just immersing yourself in neck-deep water can effectively increase cardiac output by up to 30%, as compared to that of a sedentary individual? Sitting in water puts you in a buoyant state, as the hydrostatic force of water works on your body. This is what leads to increased cardiac output.
- Slower aging : Swimming and water-based exercises are known to slow down the aging process. That's because your heart, lungs, neurological system and all your muscles are exposed to healthier activity. Regular workouts keep your skin firm and toned, so you can bypass cosmetic anti-aging enhancements such as Botox or surgeries.
- Combat arthritis : Figures state that by the year 2030, nearly 65 million people in the United States would be suffering from arthritis. It's time you took steps to ensure that you are not one of these. Warm water helps in relieving the pain associated with arthritis, because it helps to keep stiff joints moving. It is a prudent decision to invest in swim spas that are equipped with massaging that satisfies various parts of your body.
- Diabetes : If there is one disease that has become a symbol of our sedentary lifestyle, it's diabetes. The only long-term solution in keeping away (or at the least, controlling) diabetes is regular exercise and a careful diet. What better way to combat this disease than an underwater gym? It offers you very gentle to very strenuous exercise options, coupled with the relaxing benefits of swim spas.
These are but a few examples of health conditions that can be effectively addressed with the help of a spa fitness routine. It is advisable to consult your doctor before you take up exercise of any nature.