For many years there has been a great deal about whether it is better to wax or shave hair. Of course each method of hair removal offers advantages and disadvantages. However, if you really look closely at these two methods, it's easy to see why waxing is usually the better choice. Here are several advantages of waxing instead of shaving:
• It saves time. Probably the best thing about waxing is the fact that it saves a lot of time. You just go to the spa one time and get it done, and then you're set for a few weeks. This gives you a lot more time every morning to take care of other things that you need to handle.
• You do not have to deal with nicks, cuts, or razor burn. When you shave, you've got to be very careful not to cut or nick your skin. You could even find yourself with scars if you cut yourself shaving often enough. Waxing results in fewer nicks and cuts because you are not running a razor across your skin every single day.
• There's no more embarrassing stubble. When you shave, the hair is cut off at the skin line. Depending on how quickly your hair grows, you could find yourself with stubble before the day is even through. Stubble not only looks unsightly, but it also results in abrasive skin. Even if you do not have to shave every day, missing a day when you should shave is quite embarrassing because you've got stubble. It's much better to wax so that you do not have stubble left behind.
• You do not have to deal with hair removal every single day. Waxing actually pulls hair out at the root, so you do not even need to think about hair removal all the time. Usually a wax lasts anywhere from two to six weeks, depending on how quickly your hair grows.
• Waxed skin tend to be smoother and less itchy, especially if you have it done at a spa. The wax used for hair removal contains moisturizers and other ingredients that are designed to nourish your skin. When you are not dealing with stubble all the time and you're using quality products like those used at a spa, your skin will simply look and feel better.
• Often people who wax see their hair begin to grow more slowly and finely. This means that not only will you have to wax less and less often over time, but when your hair does not grow back, it will be much finer than it was before. This means that when it's time for another wax, any hair you do have will be more difficult to see.
• It's better for skin that's prone to irritation, especially from shaving. Rashes and other skin irritations are very common with shaving. But quality waxes like what they use at a spa will not irritate your skin.
While some people say that waxing is painful, it's important to realize that if your wax is performed by a professional who really knows what she's doing; it's almost pain-free. This is why if you do decide to wax, you should definitely see a professional. An expert who works at a spa will make sure that the process is done correctly and so safely that you can reap all of the above benefits.